Q: I want to know if an alternator from an 07 Ford Focus manual will work as a replacement for an 05 Ford Focus automatic.

I have an 05 Ford Focus automatic that needs the alternator replaced and I have a replacement alternator from an 07 Ford Focus manual and wanted to know if it will fit in the 05 Focus?

If the amperage rating of the alternators are the same (two different ones were used: 110 amps versus 130 amps), the "clock position" of the wiring harness plug is the same, the plug is identical, the pulley is identical and the bolt attachment points are identical, then you can reliably use the 2007 Focus alternator. However, looking at the catalog, I do not see that most versions of the alternator (there are quite a few!) for those two years, for the particular models you cite, directly interchange excepting possibly for the 110 amp version of the alternator for Federal emissions in 2005 and 2007. If you need help with this a certified mechanic can come right to your location and see what you have and if adequate install it; if not, the mechanic will procure the correct part based on your VIN number. The service to request is alternator replacement. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. I want to know if an alternator from an 07 Ford Focus manual will work as a replacement for an 05 Ford Focus automatic.