Q: I want to know how to tell of a fuel pump has gone bad, my car shit down on me while stopped at a light. My car has no CEL light?

My car has no check engine light and I recently changed the alternator. The other day I was driving and stopped at a light and my car shut off. It was able to turn on again after 3 mins but stopped once again at a light. I want to know if it's a fuel pump issue?

Hi there. The best way to diagnose if you have a fuel pump problem is to listen carefully when you turn the key past the accessory setting. If you turn the key forward, but not all the way, you should hear a buzzing sound towards the rear of your car. This is the fuel pump priming the fuel lines. However, if your having difficulty starting your Mazda, it could be other fuel system components or ignition parts that are the root source of your issue. Due to this fact, it’s best to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection at your location; so they can pinpoint the source of your hard starting issue and recommend repairs that will resolve the problem.

• I want to know how to tell of a fuel pump has gone bad, my car shit down on me while stopped at a light. My car has no CEL light?