Q: I want more power for my 1997 dodge ram

I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 v8 magnum 5.2 Laramie SLT. I want to know what type of cheap modifications I can do to make it have more hp/power without hurting my transmission or engine.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. There are several brands of aftermarket computer programmers that are simple to install with little to no engine modifications to increase the power of the engine. You can also increase power by installing exhaust aftermarket pipes and mufflers. Search online for manufacturers of these products and their product claims. Be aware of ones that claim super HP increases without major modifications to the engine. If you haven’t already, be sure to check the laws for car modifications in your state. Hope this helps, and good luck!

3. I want more power for my 1997 dodge ram