Q: I've got a knock it increases when I push on the gas should I just replace the engine?

So I go to accelerate from a stop light and my 4runner barely accelerates and starts knocking I didn't have cab fare so I drove it the rest of the way home about 5 miles. It only stops knocking about midway through the RPMS before the shift. Is it time to take her to the mechanic and get it running like new or is it time for a new car? Toyota Holds it's value fairly well I just don't want to fix something that would be worth less than my mechanics bill.

3. I've got a knock it increases when I push on the gas should I just replace the engine?