Q: I used remote few times to unlock my 2005 Es330 from inside home. As I approached the car it locked by itself. Is that a feature o

Stated above

Hi there. Yes, this is a normal feature for this vehicle. The wireless door lock system is programmed to automatically lock the doors if they are not opened within the range of about 60 to 90 seconds. I could on and on about how this is a safety feature, anti-theft feature, etc.., but the engineers have their reasons. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with service and inspections seven days a week at your home or office. Feel free to schedule your next service at www.yourmechanic.com.

• I used remote few times to unlock my 2005 Es330 from inside home. As I approached the car it locked by itself. Is that a feature o