Q: Q: Battery

I turn the key and the electrics come on. It makes a wearing noise as though it's trying to turn over but doesn't start. It then makes a clicking noise. It is a diesel car.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a dead battery resulting in the starter struggling to produce enough power to turn the engine over. As the starter is engaged, this produces a substantial drain on the battery eventually resulting in the battery draining to the point where it no longer has enough power to turn the engine over resulting in the clicking sound you hear. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.