Q: I tried to start my truck after a -35 degree night. I got nothing from the starter. The key fob worked once to unlock the car, but

I tried to start my truck after a -35 degree night. I got nothing from the starter. The key fob worked once to unlock the car, but hasn't worked since. All manner of error signs came up on the dashboard, and the radio worked fine. I connected the battery to a trickle charger until it said it was fully charged. Same story except no error messages. Absolutely nothing from the starter, and key fobs won't lock or unlock the truck. Is this a simple bad cell in the battery that somehow powers the radio and dashboard but not door locks or starter?

Hello. If all of your issues began after severely cold temperatures, then it may be possible that the issues are temperature or moisture related. It is important to keep in mind that at lower temperatures, especially those as low as you experienced, it takes considerably more effort to start a vehicle. It may be possible that the required effort is simply too much for the battery to handle. You can have the battery tested to determine if it is providing enough power to meet the requirement, as well as holding a charge. It could also be possible that there is an issue with the starter as well. I would also check to make sure that the key fob batteries are not dead as well, as that could also cause similar malfunctions. As electrical issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, if you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to determine if the battery may need to be replaced.

• I tried to start my truck after a -35 degree night. I got nothing from the starter. The key fob worked once to unlock the car, but