Q: I took vehicle in for an oil change, but mechanic declined stating there was a leak at the drain.

What do I do now . There has been no leakage in my garage.

It is a little uncommon that a mechanic would decline to perform an oil change due to a leak near the drain plug without offering to fix it. If I am understanding correctly, it sounds like your oil pan may have a leak near the drain plug location. This will require the oil pan to be replaced, however, this is a fairly routine and simple fix.

I would recommend having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to get to the bottom of the oil leak.

• I took vehicle in for an oil change, but mechanic declined stating there was a leak at the drain.