Q: I took out the instrument panel out of my dashboard and when I put it back in just the dashboard lights won't turn on

I took the instrument panel out of my dashboard and when I put it back in I didn't have enough time to reconnect the dimmer knob and later on in the day I went to move my car in the drive way and when I turned the car on I turned the lights in the on position and nothing lit up on the dashboard at all the little symbols lit up for the one second when I started the car. But nothing lit up when I turned it to the on position so I'm wondering what could be creating this problem I thought maybe it won't turn on becouse the dimmer knob is not plugged in yet but before I go and break something I just wanted to have a professional opinion

Hello, thank you for writing in. You are correct in that the dimmer switch can render the dashboard dark. Start by hooking up the dimmer switch, and in the process, make sure all of the other electrical connections are clean, dry, and tight. If the lights on your dash board still do not illuminate, then you will want to check all of your fuses and relays. It is also possible that the wiring connections have failed. However the likelihood of these being the issue is not very high. The dimmer switch completes the circuit and you need it, or to bypass it completely, for the dash to work correctly. If you are stuck and require more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I took out the instrument panel out of my dashboard and when I put it back in just the dashboard lights won't turn on