Q: I thought I had a bad starter turns out that it was a bad battery I installed a new battery and I could not turn the lights off,

I thought I had a bad starter turns out it was a bad battery I installed a new battery and all my lights came on and I could not turn them off headlights brake lights this is my question

A: Hello. If the lights are staying on then yo...

Hello. If the lights are staying on then you more than likely have a bad combination switch. The switch fails internally and causes this. It can also be a relay that is staying on, but that is not as common. I would typically use a voltage meter to test the circuits to make sure that the switch is bad. If you are planning on having this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this.