Q: I think my suspension is going out in my car. Does my car use shocks, struts, or both?

I think my suspension is going out in my car. Does my car use shocks, struts, or both? And how many of each?

2002 mercury cougar

Hello. Your car uses struts on all four corners of your vehicle. These work the same way as shocks, they simply mount different and perform a little better. The cost will very depending on the brand of the struts that are used. It can be dangerous to change these due to the pressure on the coil spring. You should have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who can come to you to [change your struts] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/strut-assembly-replacement

• I think my suspension is going out in my car. Does my car use shocks, struts, or both?