Q: I think I may need a new fuel pump but not sure

I think I need a fuel pump for my 2000 ford contour I always have to keep it full because as soon as it gets past half a tank it acts up and hesitates to move forward i don't know what the problem is and the fuel filter has been replaced

The fuel pump sits inside the fuel tank in a sump of the tank and should not be starved from fuel supply until you get below about 2 gallons left in the fuel tank. You should have the fuel tank and pump checked to see if the pump is damaged inside the tank or the tank is damaged in any way.

3. I think I may need a new fuel pump but not sure