Q: I think I have every warning light on right now

Now because I live way out in the country, I buy trucks like my 2008 Toyota Tundra that are said to last longer and run reliably in less-than-ideal weather conditions. This truck was fine up until about 44,000 miles, when every light on the dash took turns lighting up! I am at 58,500 miles now and I am at a loss, I have driven it into town to the dealer 6 times now and I need a solution. What can I do about this? The check engine, 4wd, abs, etc. lights come on randomly.

Without my knowing what the dealer did or what they’ve explained to you, I can offer you this explanation, understand that every light requires positive (+) and negative (-) in order to light up. When the ignition is on, there is positive current supplied constantly to one side of each bulb. When a controlling component grounds the other side, the light comes on. The fact that all of your lights are randomly lighting up indicates that something in common with them all is sending ground signals to those lights. Inasmuch as you have taken it into the same dealer, it may be time for a second opinion, a fresh perspective. Be aware, however, that with miles and miles of wiring and lots of sensors and controls, unusual electrical problems are known to take some time to isolate.