Q: I switched the tentioner and belt but the peice over the tensioner still moves when i turn on the engine. Whats the issue?

I changed the belt and the tensioner but the peice of the belt that lies on the tensioner keeps on moving as soon as i turn on the engine. Theres no more sound but i just want to know why the belt slides?

If the belt is installed correctly with the tensioner adjusted properly, the belt should slide over the tensioner at the same pace that the engine turns the serpentine belt. If the belt slides off of the tensioner sideways, you may have an issue with the belt or pulleys not being properly aligned. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. I switched the tentioner and belt but the peice over the tensioner still moves when i turn on the engine. Whats the issue?