Q: I smell gas when driving my car.

I have gas fumes in my car.

A: Having gas fumes in your car is a serious p...

Having gas fumes in your car is a serious problem that needs to be addressed right away. Gas fumes are toxic and dangerous to inhale. A certified mechanic will be able to identify if gas fumes are what is being smelled, therefore it is very important you get to one as soon as possible.

What often causes these gas fumes are gas vapor lines. They are a part of the EVAP or the Evaporative Emission, system, a system which has to do with the emissions of the vehicle. Over time the rubber hoses and seals, such as the seal around the fuel pump cavity, can deteriorate and break apart over time. The only way to safely verify this is to enlist the help of a mechanic to go over your Chevy Cavalier in detail