Q: I replaced the axle bearings, now the traction control light is on.

I replaced the axle bearings in the rear differential and now the traction control light comes on and says service traction control. The vehicle kicks when the light comes on and when you step on the acceleration pedal.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. This vehicle has...

Hi, thanks for writing in. This vehicle has one sensor at each wheel. The ABS and traction control should be scanned to see which sensor is causing the light to come on. The sensor behind one of the wheels may have been damaged when replacing the axle bearings. Also, make sure you have the same size tires at each wheel.

If you would like help inspecting your vehicle, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.