Q: I replaced spark plugs on 2003 Ford Escape 3.0 L and pulled air intake plenum to reach plugs in back of engine. Replaced the gaske

I replaced the spark plugs and since I needed to reach plugs in back i pulled the air intake plenum. When I reassembled the car and test drove it. I now have codes P02195, P02197, P0303, P0316. When I reassembled I went ahead and replaced the gaskets on the intake plenum. I was not getting any codes before replacing the plugs. I just decided to go over the car so my daughter could drive it to school.

Based on the codes you are reporting, a possibility is an air intake (vacuum) leak on the plenum. To get indirect confirmation of that, you can apply a real time scanner and look at fuel trims. If fuel trims are high (positive), air is leaking in and to compensate for that fuel is being added to keep the A/F ratio in the desired, target range. A first suggestion would be to re-visit the work you did and rule out a leak as a cause. If you desire, a certified mechanic can re-check the work and resolve this. The service to request would be a check engine light diagnostic. Be sure to let the mechanic know that you removed the plenum. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I replaced spark plugs on 2003 Ford Escape 3.0 L and pulled air intake plenum to reach plugs in back of engine. Replaced the gaske