Q: I replaced my ignition cylinder and now my car wont start. Camry 1999

My key was stuck and wouldn't turn so we figured it was on theft mode and tried doing all sorts of tricks to get it to turn. Finally got it to turn car wouldnt start. So we replaced the ignition cylinder and car still won't start. Theres usually a little pressure before it turns on but there is none. We are clueless to what it can be. I moved the chip from the old key to the new one. Any ideas please help!!

It sounds like you may have a faulty ignition switch. As you may know, your ignition has several circuits: Always On - Connected directly to the battery and is not affected by the ignition switch. This includes: alarm, interior lights, brake lights, headlights, computer memory (radio, ecu, tcm, bcm) Accessory - Items that the driver needs, but are not necessary for the vehicle to run. These include: radio, HVAC, windshield wipers Run - These items are necessary for the engine to run. Items include: ecu, fuel pump, coils(s) Start - This circuit runs the starter. The ignition switch controls which circuits get power from what position it is in. Key position: ACC: powers the accessory circuit RUN: powers the accessory and run circuits START: powers the run and start circuits Most modern ignition switches have an UNLOCK position that allows you to turn the steering wheel (and possible shift out of park) while none of keyed circuits are active. When your ignition switch fails, this may cause any of the above circuits to remain active after taking the key out of the ignition. I would recommend having an expert from YourMecanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your ignition system.

3. I replaced my ignition cylinder and now my car wont start. Camry 1999