Q: i replaced my alternater and battery and now my locks wont work and my radio wont turn off. what can i do?

i replaced my alternater and battery and now my locks wont work and my radio wont turn off. what can i do?

Hello. This can happen after the vehicle loses power from a dead battery. Most of the time it is caused by an issue with the programming in the module. It is possible that this was the reason why the battery or alternator failed.

A bad ignition switch can cause this and overload the battery and alternator causing them to fail.

One other possibility is a failure in the module if the battery cables were crossed at any time accordingly during the repair. I typically start by checking all of the fuses to see if they are intact. If they are, then these circuits need to be tested with a voltage meter to see where they are losing power and why the radio power is not being turned off.

If you need help having these checks done, consider having the work done by a certified mechanic who can come to your home or office to repair your electrical issue.

• i replaced my alternater and battery and now my locks wont work and my radio wont turn off. what can i do?