Q: I replaced a lot of things on my truck and it still spits and sputters. Why is it doing this?

I replaced pushrods, rockerarms, cap, rotor, valve cover gasket, exhuast manifold gasket, ignition module, pick up coil, ignition coil, fuel pump and filter. It runs great in park but when i go to drive it spits and sputters. Why is it doing this?

Hi there:

It looks like you’ve done a ton of work, but what I don’t see on your list is cleaning the throttle body, fuel injectors, mass air flow sensor or EGR valve. Those items are typically the primary reasons why an engine runs rough during acceleration or while the vehicle is in drive. You might want to start by cleaning the throttle body and replacing the mass air flow sensor first to see if this clears things up for you.

3. I replaced a lot of things on my truck and it still spits and sputters. Why is it doing this?