Q: I recently replaced the tranny fluid with a redline product. Every since then when I push down a little fast the car will rev high

I recently replaced the tranny fluid with a redline product. Every since then when I push down a little fast the car will rev high before coming back down and catching/fully engaging. Should I be concerned.

A: My first recommendation would be to make su...

My first recommendation would be to make sure that the transmission fluid level is full. If the fluid has been changed recently, sometimes the level can drop once the fluid circulates through the system. See if topping off the transmission fluid results change.

If the transmission is still engaging properly and the vehicle will still propel forward, I would not be too concerned unless the transmission is slipping or if it has any sort of hard shift.

If you are in doubt about this transmission diagnosis, I would recommend having the vehicle inspected and serviced by a qualified technician.