Q: i recently changed the starter to this car and now i have VSA engine light on that doesnt go away. how do I fix this?

I recently changed the starter on my car. when i finished the vsa light wont leave the dash and all of a sudden theres no power to the car. needless to say the gas pedal doesnt work anymore. also the shift makes the vehicle jerk either on reverse or in drive.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. The VSA light relates to the steering system. The tire pressure monitoring system also ties into it. Considering the variety of systems in your vehicle that seem to be effected, it sounds like a power issue. When you discovered that the starter was bad, was there a lot of cranking over the engine and testing? Because this may have hurt the battery and caused it to fail. A lack of eectrical power would be one of the few issues to effect so many systems. Considering the starter was just replaced, this could also be a simple issue of the battery cables and other connections being loose. The recent repair needs to be inspected, the battery tested, and the wires checked.

3. i recently changed the starter to this car and now i have VSA engine light on that doesnt go away. how do I fix this?