Q: i ran out of gas with my 2000 seville cadillac and refueled, it rolls over but won't start, why?

i ran out of gas with my 2000 cadillac seville and now it will roll over but will not start

In all likelihood, the fuel pump has failed. Fuel pumps rely on gasoline for lubrication as well as cooling. Run it dry and it can overheat. When you turn the key to the ON position without trying to start it, normally you will hear the fuel pump priming the fuel system for a second or two.

If you don’t hear that, check the fuel pump fuse in the fuse box under the back seat to be sure it’s not blown. If the fuse is good, then it’s most likely a bad fuel pump. Access to the fuel pump is in the trunk. There is a removable panel to access the top of the fuel tank.

If you’re not comfortable replacing it yourself, see a local technician or have a Your Mechanic technician come to you. They will be able to diagnose your starting issue first hand and fix it from there. Good luck.

• i ran out of gas with my 2000 seville cadillac and refueled, it rolls over but won't start, why?