Q: I put new coolant in my truck and as I was driving it started smoking and smelled like coolant and sprayed all over under my hood,

The coolant sprayed everywhere and there was smoke under the hood. Why was this happening? Now it's bubbly when trying to take off the radiator cap what do we do?

If you have a lot of pressure on your upper radiator, you have likely come across a thermostat issue. Did you put the wrong color of antifreeze in your truck? If you did, this is the problem, but I’d still suggest replacing the thermostat. If your hoses aren’t tight you may have a water pump problem, but this is less likely to be the issue. A certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to inspect this issue with coolant and help you diagnose your vehicle.

• I put new coolant in my truck and as I was driving it started smoking and smelled like coolant and sprayed all over under my hood,