Q: I put a new steering gear box on and the car doesn't turn like it did before.

Put new gear box for steering on now turns good to right but don't turn good to left could I have got a bad gear box

Hello there, many common failures can cause your 1994 Jeep Cherokee to have issues turing after a steering gear box replacement. The most common faults are off center steering linkage, steering wheel off center, or failed tie rod ends. This vehicle should not be driven until the steering is repaired and it is able to turn left and right properly.

A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your steering issues and make any repairs required to resolve the issues.

3. I put a new steering gear box on and the car doesn't turn like it did before.