Q: I put a 30 fuse in my cruise control slot instead of an 15 and now the d4 light is flashing

The after I put the higher voltage fuse in the cruise control slot the d4 started flashing and the engine light came.on . Now my car skips 1st gear

Hello, and thank you for writing in. A higher rated fuse will allow a higher amount of voltage through the circuit. This can confuse and do damage to the other electronics in the system. Start by going and getting the properly rated fuse for the system and installing it. While at the parts store, you will want to have the vehicle scanned for codes to see what part of the transmission has triggered the warning light. If replacing the fuse does not solve the shifting issue and warning light, then there was likely a sensor or other electrical component that went unprotected and failed. At that point, only further diagnostic testing will tell. For more help with that process, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I put a 30 fuse in my cruise control slot instead of an 15 and now the d4 light is flashing