Q: I pressed my gas and my car didnt accelerate. There is transmission fluid in my car and my car cranks great and runs great...

As i was driving my car just started jerking as if it wanted to cut off. But it didnt it just wouldnt go... last i got an oil change was just last Friday at walmart and they told me transmission fluid was leaking but i checked and there is some in there.. so what could be the issue.. i also was at a stop light and when it turned green i missed it because my car wouldn't move. Please help

This kind of reaction is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. I pressed my gas and my car didnt accelerate. There is transmission fluid in my car and my car cranks great and runs great...