Q: I plan on putting a 6g74 from a Diamante

I plan on this because my 6g72 is blown, its supposedly a direct drop in, more displacement and more low end torque at the same price. I know the ECU will need to be tuned for the bigger injectors, will I have any problems with sensors or computers changing from a DOHC 6g72 to a SOHC 6g74

Hey there. The 6G74 is a direct drop in as long as the donor vehicle is the right one. That engine was used in a few models with some being FWD and others AWD, and there will be very subtle differences between the few that may make the swap a hassle as you will have to swap components over, change brackets, and such. Many people have done the swap with great luck so it’s worth a shot, but you will want to do a lot of research before tearing into the work. The ECU will need to be tuned if you can use it, and if not, you will need the new ECU and wiring harness as well.