Q: I plan on buying this vehicle but how do I know if this a good deal? 2004 Mitsubishi Galant

The car is a 2004 Galant Mitsubishi. The seller says the car runs fine. The exterior looks good. As for the interior, it needs a water pump and battery. The car starts up fine with an auto starter. The engine looks corroded though. He's asking $700. Is this a good deal or should I pass?

Hello - to determine the real "initial cost" of the vehicle - that is, what additional repairs must be made immediately upon purchase - the vehicle should be inspected first by a professional to determine repair and maintenance issues that must be made right away. Then the "real cost" of acquiring the vehicle is clear. I recommend a pre-purchase inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. I plan on buying this vehicle but how do I know if this a good deal? 2004 Mitsubishi Galant