Q: I notice my car has a place for air shocks but has coil springs. Do I need both or does one replace the other?

Confused about the opening where the air shocks went. Does the 99 continental need air springs and coil springs ? if not why is there a place where they fit?

Hello. Your vehicle was equipped with OEM air springs. If you see coil springs now in place of the air springs, that means someone has converted the suspension to an aftermarket coil spring system which is not an unusual conversion. You may want to consult with them to get a clearer picture of the work they did. If you would rather move forward with an OEM air spring replacement, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to perform this service.

• I notice my car has a place for air shocks but has coil springs. Do I need both or does one replace the other?