Q: I need to replace the thermometer in my car

The fan in my car runs from the time I start my car until I shut it off What is a reasonable cost for replacement?

Hello. The fan on your car can stay on for a number of reasons. Most of the time the fan is staying on because of a sensor issue or because one of the relays is faulty. It an also be a circuit issue, but that is not nearly as common. Most of the time, this is not caused by a thermostat or fan that is failing. I usually start by checking to see if the computer is commanding the fan to come on. If not, then I would proceed to diagnosing the circuit. If the computer is telling it to stay on, then I need to see why it is thinking that it needs to be on. If you are going to have this fan problem looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the cause of the fan problem and replace the thermostat if necessary. To get an estimate of the cost, you can visitor our estimator page to enter your vehicle information and get a quote for a thermostat replacement on your car.