Q: I need to move the rear differential vent from the axle up higher to prevent water intrusion when backing down boat ramp.

I see Nissan offers a screw in hose barb. The Nissan part is only 3/16 hose diameter. Is this large enough to vent the differential or what should I do?

It should be big enough. The normal vent size is okay. Make sure you use a vent that is a waterproof type that will let any over pressure be released from the rear end and not let air in as needed. As soon as you put back in the water, the water cools the axle quick and it will suck in air through the vent or suck in water if it can. There are many different places to vent the rear end. Some recommend to vent in the gas door next to the gas cap.

3. I need to move the rear differential vent from the axle up higher to prevent water intrusion when backing down boat ramp.