Q: I need help with a computer and security module question

I want to know if it matters the year for the parts or could they be different parts from different jags

Swapping out control units from car to car is a thing of the past. Even if you have a controller from the same year make and model car. In most cases the controller is programmed with to work only with other modules from the same serial number of car. This began because many chop shops were selling modules from stolen cars. When a controller is replaced, it has to be set up to recognize the car that it is in. you have to have the correct equipment and software to unlock the module and change the serial number. In most cases that can only be found at dealership service departments or at a specialists shop. However, if you are not sure you need an ECU, (they are often misdiagnosed) you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your Jaguar and let you know what can be done about it.