Q: Car will not move

I need help I have a 1989 RWD Cadillac Fleetwood my car will go in reverse and move with no problem.

I put the car in drive and the wheels will only move if i get the back wheels off the ground.

Hello. If the vehicle will only move with the wheels lifted off the ground then that may be a sign that the power is not being transferred properly, perhaps due to a fault with the transmission or drive line. This can be caused by a wide variety of issues, such as low transmission fluid, worn drive line components, or internal transmission faults. If the problem is rendering the vehicle undriveable then it may be possible that the issue is serious and requires professional attention. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what is causing your vehicle to behave this way.

3. Car will not move