Q: I need help about engine swapping 1981 Chevrolet Camaro

I'm looking to buy and 81 camaro and would like to engine swap it with a chevy crate engine but I am not sure what type would be best for this car. Id like to have between 450 and 550 hp

Hi - answering the question of "How much engine do I really want from an engine swap?" turns into a "religious" discussion quickly. If a little is good, a lot is better... The more practical questions are "How will the car be used most of the time? What are your real priorities?" There is a wide range of GM crate engines to choose from. Replacing your current engine with one of the "small block" choices can still get you upwards of 400 hp pretty quickly. At some point, what the transmission, and the rest of the chassis can handle becomes an issue and expense. A 350 hp option gives you pretty spirited street driving, on pump gasoline, and something that is less risky to drive than 450 hp. A big-block gets you to 450-550 hp with more reliability than with a small-block selection. Putting a "big block" crate engine in your Camaro however, will require chassis changes, a sturdier transmission and drivetrain under it, and reduces "driveability", while making the car quicker. Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?!

3. I need help about engine swapping 1981 Chevrolet Camaro