Q: I need

I need to know what plug into the electrical connection that's next to the bottom of shifter assembly. Under the center console / shifter column I think it may be a module or sensor of some kind. My dad left me the car in his will. And from what im told this is the part he took out and planned on replacing before he passed. Please help

There are quite a few different modules under the dash that are possible and would need to be identify the wire colors and then the connector can be identified. I would recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and identify the connector and what is connected to it.