Q: I'm trying to do my clutch on my car.

I'm trying to do my clutch on my cobalt. Can I take the engine and tranny right out of the car or do they have to be separated? Also can I take the tranny out of the bottom without taking the motor out?

Hi John. Thanks for contacting us today. It can be done either way, but it’s easier to complete by removing the differential. Unfortunately, we can’t supply the step-by-step instructions for completing this job, so you might want to buy a service and repair manual for your vehicle and follow the manufacturer’s recommended procedures.

3. I'm trying to do my clutch on my car.