Q: I'm not sure what's wrong or what I need to fix.

When I turn the heat on its hot. Then something makes a noise almost like a grinding or like something can't turn and it sounds like it coming from my dash or glove department and when it makes the noise the air gets cold and blows real hard then when the noise quits it's goes back to being hot and blowing normally. When I turn the air conditioning on, it does the same thing. Hot air then it makes the noise and cool then the noise stops and hot air kicks back on. I need to know what's wrong and what I need replaced.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The noise may be coming from several components. If the blower motor is failing, the amount of air blowing would likely change. Due to the fact the blower seems to be working consistently, the your issue may be related to the heater core or the blend doors. The blend doors are responsible for changing where the air comes in from. This is one way to regulate temperatures inside of the cabin. These doors are controlled with motors that can wear out and fail. The signals to the motors can also be interrupted or confused and cause similar symptoms. The extent of the damage and the actual component(s) that has failed will determine what the repair will look like. Further inspection is required at this point. For more help resolving the climate control issues, contact our service department.

3. I'm not sure what's wrong or what I need to fix.