Q: I'm loosing coolant. In some cases it takes a week to refill it again, especially when I'm driving in areas where there is vibration like gravel roads.

I'm loosing coolant in my car it's a polo 2006.

This may be a result of a leak in your radiator or potentially a blown head gasket. In the case of a leak, this may be a slow leak and may be hard to notice. Check for wet spots underneath the car when parking it. You may also check for leaking water around the radiator inside the engine compartment or around the water pump. In the case of a blown head gasket, this will also case your car to overheat and lead to much larger problems.

If you notice your car’s temperature getting high you may want to have the overheating symptoms diagnosed at by a professional from YourMechanic as soon as possible. We can also help pinpoint the leak and address the issue if you’re unable to do so yourself. Best of luck!

3. I'm loosing coolant. In some cases it takes a week to refill it again, especially when I'm driving in areas where there is vibration like gravel roads.