Q: I'm looking for info on changing my car to manual from automatic

I've bought this car about 3 years now and plan on keeping it forever. I've always wanted to change this car to a sports model. I know it would be cheaper buying a new one but this is something personal i want to do and dont plan on trading her in. So I dont mind actually paying for as many parts as shes going to need and also to pay someone for seriously taking the chance to explain to me what are some options we can do and help me complete my dream car. We will go over parts etc. Id like any one who knows a lot about civics. Contact me through here with an email if youre seriously about boosting civics. Id get in contact as soon as possible cause i have a lot of questions to ask and a lot to talk about.

A: There are quite a few changes that need to ...

There are quite a few changes that need to happen in order to make the setup work. If the year, make, and model of your car has a manual version from the factory, this makes things a little bit easier as many of the parts may bolt up in a similar way. The interior of your vehicle was not manufactured to house a manual shifter so modifications to the center console will need to be made to add the manual shifter. You may be able to find a manual version of your car with the same engine in a junk yard with a good transmission and drop the engine, transmission and electronics all with the subframe and start with the parts you have from there. You can scan forums around the web and read posts where others have done the same task and try to take from their information and learn from any of their mistakes.