Q: I'm interested to know if the little belt next to my alternator breaks on my 2001 Chevy prism will I still be able to drive it. It

Belt beside alternator is almost off and making a ticking sound, if that belt break will I still be able to drive my car, bc I'm thinking it is my ac belt.

Hello. It would appear that your vehicle is equipped with a serpentine belt. That is one belt that drives all of the engine accessories. If your vehicle is equipped with an engine that has a separate AC belt, then yes, the vehicle can still be driven as long as that belt does not drive the alternator or water pump. I would recommend having the serpentine belt replaced by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, as preventative maintenance, especially if you believe that it is going to fail soon.

3. I'm interested to know if the little belt next to my alternator breaks on my 2001 Chevy prism will I still be able to drive it. It