Q: I'm interested to know if the little belt next to my alternator breaks on my 2001 Chevy prism will I still be able to drive it. It

Belt beside alternator is almost off and making a ticking sound, if that belt break will I still be able to drive my car, bc I'm thinking it is my ac belt.

A: Hello. It would appear that your vehicle is...

Hello. It would appear that your vehicle is equipped with a serpentine belt. That is one belt that drives all of the engine accessories. If your vehicle is equipped with an engine that has a separate AC belt, then yes, the vehicle can still be driven as long as that belt does not drive the alternator or water pump. I would recommend having the serpentine belt replaced by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, as preventative maintenance, especially if you believe that it is going to fail soon.