Q: I'm having my 2005 Nissan serviced by the dealer for replacement of the valve rocker and gaskets on both sides. They are charging me a high price.

live in Richmond VA, I owned a 2005 Nissan murano, I took my car to a Nissan dealer for the above service. I feel I being over charged based on my research for cost of repairs. $1353.00

Hi there: Trying to determine whether or not the price you’re being charged is considered "high" for this type of service is very difficult without knowing all of the specifics. I can tell you for certain that when a car dealership is involved in repairs, the cost for parts and labor can be much higher than booking with YourMechanic professional mechanics; usually 30% or more.

However, for replacing cylinder head hardware and gaskets; it’s not uncommon for the end price to be close to their quote in most dealerships or private garages.

If you’d like to avoid the dealership or would simply like a second opinion on the repair, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose and service your vehicle. Best of luck.

• I'm having my 2005 Nissan serviced by the dealer for replacement of the valve rocker and gaskets on both sides. They are charging me a high price.