Q: I'm having my 2005 Nissan serviced by the dealer for replacement of the valve rocker and gaskets on both sides. They are charging me a high price.

live in Richmond VA, I owned a 2005 Nissan murano, I took my car to a Nissan dealer for the above service. I feel I being over charged based on my research for cost of repairs. $1353.00

Hi there: Trying to determine whether or not the price you’re being charged is considered "high" for this type of service is very difficult without knowing all of the specifics. I can tell you for certain that when a car dealership is involved in repairs, the cost for parts and labor can be much higher than booking with YourMechanic professional mechanics; usually 30% or more.

However, for replacing cylinder head hardware and gaskets; it’s not uncommon for the end price to be close to their quote in most dealerships or private garages.

If you’d like to avoid the dealership or would simply like a second opinion on the repair, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose and service your vehicle. Best of luck.

3. I'm having my 2005 Nissan serviced by the dealer for replacement of the valve rocker and gaskets on both sides. They are charging me a high price.