Q: I'm having issues with AC blower controls flap will go from face to feet after a few minutes then comes back randomly

I recently found out I had a leak on AC compressor and had it replaced at a shop. I have had issues with my AC button on my AC Heater control switch. I would push the AC switch and start driving down the road then it would would randomly turn off by itself. I looked up online and and seems to be a common issue with several GMs around that year. I saw a video on how to fix on your own (didn't think I would be that crafty) so I bought a new AC Delco AC Heater control switch. I installed the control switch and for the first time in a long time I had continuous cold AC. But now it seems another issue has popped up. When I get into car and turn on air I always have just regular air going thru the top face vents. I hardly ever use the feet fan even in winter. The AC will be running fine then it seems the face vents go out and only can feel a lower feet vent. This isn't permanent as while driving it will switch back to face or after parking. Is this an electrical, vacuum or bad new switch?

Hi Fred. Thanks for contacting us today. Based on what you’ve described, the AC issue you’re having could be a bad switch or faulty electrical connection. Based on the fact the vehicle is more than 15 years old now, I would lean towards an electrical harness being the root issue. I would start the repairs and diagnostic process by replacing the harness to the switch as it’s the easiest and cost-efficient solution. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, then double check all electrical harnesses and connections that comprise the blower motor, vents and selector switch itself to ensure nothing is loose.

3. I'm having issues with AC blower controls flap will go from face to feet after a few minutes then comes back randomly