Q: I'm having a problem with my 2001 cavalier ever since my idler pulley went my car won't start at all.

I'm having a problem with my 2001 cavalier. My idler pulley was going bad and when it blew I had no brakes, steering wheel was tight and I couldn't gas my car. Well ever since I replaced my idler pulley my car will not start. It wants too start but it doesn't. Everyone I have talked too has said it could be the timing. But I don't really know what it could be. If you have any other questions feel free too ask me and I'll tell you.

Hello, thank you for writing in. If you did not properly route the belt on your pulleys then you may have these and similar issues. If there were issues getting the belt on, or if it was too easy, the strain from the idler pulley may have caused issues with the tensioner or other parts of the system. If the belt broke at any time, make sure no parts of it are left in the engine, or stuck in another one of the pulleys. If the drive belt system as a whole is fine, you do want to turn your attention to the timing. It may have jumped time, or it may have been damaged during the issues you had with the idler pulley. For more help and an inspection, contact our service department about scheduling an appointment.

3. I'm having a problem with my 2001 cavalier ever since my idler pulley went my car won't start at all.