Q: I'm getting 38 psi to the fuel rail but no fuel from the injectors

I have a 2004 Saturn Vue that I installed another motor due to the old one having an blown head gasket. Now after installing the used engine the car cranks and tries to start with starter fluid but will die my problem is the injectors aren't shooting any fuel out. I'm reading almost 40 psi on the fuel rail I was wondering if the fuel pump could be the culprit not enough pressure to engage the injectors?

Hi, thanks for writing in. The fuel pressure should be between 50 to 60 psi or the injectors will not open. You may have a leaking fuel pressure regulator or the fuel pump cannot produce enough pressure and needs to be replaced. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.