Q: I'm coasting 10 mph, my truck is in 3rd gear - should it miss 2nd completely & go to 1 when it finally stops?

It started out with a loud vibrating sound when driving 30mph and faster. Kind of like I'm on rumble strips and then when letting off the gas pedal, it sounds like a Blackhawk helicopter is landing on top of my truck. Next day, I notice my rpm's are irregular. Not jerking or clunky but I barley touch the gas and they fluctuate or bounce around between 2,000-3,000 with no response from the motor. Humming / vibration/ helicopter sounds all still happening. I decide to head home and notice that when I'm traveling anywhere between 3 - 15 mph and apply the brakes, the transmission stays in 3rd until I'm almost completely stopped, then goes straight in to 1st. Totally missing 2nd gear every time

3. I'm coasting 10 mph, my truck is in 3rd gear - should it miss 2nd completely & go to 1 when it finally stops?