Q: I'm chasing compression and trying to eliminate ticking. Can you help me adjust my valves? EFI SBF roller block

I just replaced head gaskets, lifters, rocker arms, and pushrods on my 331 stroker SBF and I had a tick coming from the motor. So in an attempt to adjust the rockers/valves I am now chasing compression(I can't seem to line the cylinders up within 15% difference of each other). Most are around 130-140psi on a cold test but I have #1 at 70 and #5 at 185, I can't raise #1 or lower #5 for some reason. I need help getting this car to run properly and it's driving me crazy!! I need good compression with zero to minimal valvetrain noise....please help!! Can you get this valvetrain sorted out??

Hello. I would need to know more about the engine like what types of parts are being used. It simply sounds like the lifters were not bled off prior to setting the lash. If this was not done then that needs to be done prior to doing anything else. If it has been done then you may have some faulty lifters.

3. I'm chasing compression and trying to eliminate ticking. Can you help me adjust my valves? EFI SBF roller block