Q: I just replaced my rear end on my 1992 chevy k1500 went to put it in drive it wont move acts like the parking brake is on will mov

I just put in a used rear end hooked up the park brake tires on went to take it for a test drive it went in reverse and drove but then when I went to put it in drive it acts like its stuck I jacked the tires of the ground and they both move freely what can be the issues

Hi there. It sounds like a failed forward clutch or band in the transmission. The planetary gear set is being affected by locking the transmission into 2 forward gears and giving the feeling of being stuck. The differential you installed is most likely ok, but you have internal transmission faults. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car will not move inspection.

• I just replaced my rear end on my 1992 chevy k1500 went to put it in drive it wont move acts like the parking brake is on will mov