Q: I just re fitted my gearbox after some overall and sometimes my car does not start. Car is crown victoria 1999. Kindly advise.

My gearbox was leaking transmission fluid so I had some seals etc changed from a mechanic. However, after refitting the gearbox my does not start sometimes. It just a single clucl or sometimes nothing . Kindly advise.

If the starter motor is not even cranking the engine you have to start your inspection at that point. A possibility is a weak battery and/or excessive voltage drop in the starter circuit due to poor electrical connections. Prior to performing diagnostics the battery should be load tested. With a battery in good condition and the immobilizer (security) system off, if the starter motor does not operate at that point, there are only two possibilities: 1) either there is no power to the starter motor, or an excessive voltage drop, hence the entire starter circuit would have to be diagnosed; or 2) there is power but the starter itself is bad and that includes intermittent operation which does happen. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic resolve this, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I just re fitted my gearbox after some overall and sometimes my car does not start. Car is crown victoria 1999. Kindly advise.