Q: I just put on new rotors and brakes. I was a little shocked it had shoes inside (the emergency brake!) I am not sure aobut this

Well, I took old rotor off with ease, it had another hole in the rotor at the top (am I supposed to close this off??), I didn't. THen I did not take the top lubricated screw out. I only took the lower and changed pads. Because I could not get a socket around the upper screw due to the brake line being so close. So I went around it. I hit with pressure the inside until I felt it go back in then put brakes in! But I'm a woman and I never did brakes before in my life. A man started this project and walked away from it. So I was stuck doing this. Did I have to do anything other to the brake pad or rotor cuz I didn't...

Unfortunately, the description of this job is not sufficient to diagnose properly. The emergency brake is in fact a drum assembly (which does have shoes), however this should not have anything to do with the brake job you are describing. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair your brake system.

3. I just put on new rotors and brakes. I was a little shocked it had shoes inside (the emergency brake!) I am not sure aobut this